This document shows you how to add instructions to group tools.
“The Groups Management Building Block provides the ability to
(1) Easily see which students are in which groups
(2) Easily see and modify group memberships
(3) Avatars are now available to distinguish among users
(4) Choose and manage membership for groups sets with an improved workflow
(5) Import and export groups and group memberships*
(6) Sort columns, perform bulk actions for deleting groups, and create Grade Center smart views for one or more groups on the All Groups page
(7) Optionally, manage tool availability for all groups on the All Groups page. ” 
*When you create groups there are two ways of doing so:
|Using the Create button under Users and Groups, Groups:||You can also Import Groups from Excel which will then create those groups. It is currently a known Blackboard issue – to be fixed in a later release!!!!|
What is Course Groups?
Introduction to Groups Page.
Introduction to Group Tools.
How will I create groups?
How do I remove students from a group?
How do I edit groups?
How do I send email to a group?
How do I create a group assignment?
How do I grade group assignments?
How do I Import and Export groups? Please contact your Instrcutional Designer
Looking for Best practice when working with groups?
There is a tool called iPeer that will assist your groups to evaluate the contributions of the members and provide feedback on how they can improve to be a more valuable group member in a next group. An average mark will be calculated that can be pushed into the Grade Center so that the student can see the feedback on the My Grades tool.
This document shows you how to organise a large group of students into groups.