Access to clickUP
- Log into clickUP
- Students are automatically enrolled into the relevant clickUP modules upon registration.
- Use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Never use Internet Explorer.
Communicate with students
- Announcements: One-to-many one-way communication from lecturer to the whole class.
- Discussions: Many-to-many asynchronous communication between lecturers and students, and students among themselves.
- Blackboard Collaborate: Synchronous webinar-like communication between lecturer and students, e.g. virtual office
- Upload a document to clickUP
- Create narrated PowerPoints for material that is conceptually difficult.
- Upload this narrated PowerPoint to YouTube video and embed the YouTube video in clickUP or provide the YouTube URL as a link
- Upload large files or videos to clickUP via Google Drive.
- Use the Retention center to check which students have not logged in the past five days.
- Use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for synchronous sessions
- Blackboard Collaborate for synchronous sessions to deal with difficult concepts (There is a limit of 250 simultaneous users at a time).
- clickUP tests (Consider the implications of load shedding when setting tests)
- clickUP Tests Roles, Responsibilities and Support during tests
- clickUP assignments (clickUP manages the assignment administration for you).
- Turnitin assignments (Similarity reports check the originality of student submissions)
- Online assessment strategies other than clickUP tests
- Guidelines for take-home exams:
NOTE: If students have to submit videos for assessment, the videos must be uploaded to YouTube as Unlisted videos. Students then post the links to their videos in the assignment tool of choice.