All UP staff and registered students have access to free wifi and Internet use on all campuses and in the residences. The link below provides information on how to login and what is viewed as acceptable use of the UP wireless network. You can also find maps on this site that will give you an indication of where the wifi hotspots are on the different campuses.
- UP wireless network .
Technology support for registered students
- Google products (Free):
- All registered students get a UP email service that is run through GMail that serves as the official academic communication channel with students. This TUKS Gmail account and address can be used for life. If you prefer to use another email address, you can forward this email postbox to your other address. Other services include spam protection, lots of mailbox space (25 GB per person), a powerful search tool and the ability to send attachments of up to 20MB in size.
- Other Google products, such as Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Chat and Google Docs.
- Microsoft Office 365 (Free)
- 6000+ computers distributed through various computer labs, departmental labs and the libraries
- An open lab is available in the Information Technology building and
- Helpdesk facilities are available on each campus.
- TuksPrint System. where students can manage their accounts via the Student Portal.
- Student Laptop support help desks to assist with devices. On the Hatfield campus, this service is delivered at the Student Center.
- The University of Pretoria subscribes to the nationwide Student Technology Programme (STP) for public universities. Registered students can purchase various model laptops or tablets at discounted prices and can choose additional products or warranties added to their purchase.